- Promote and provide insight into careers in all branches of surgery for medical students and foundation doctors
- Provide a forum for discussion of current topics in surgery
- Provide opportunities for presentation of local research in surgery
- Support the career development needs of medical students interested in surgery, particularly via our new guides, workshops, and mentoring scheme
- Promote and support impressive surgical charities
- Support the teaching needs of students during the surgical rotations in years 4 and 6, and the anatomy course in year 2.
What We Do:
We aim to connect students, clinicians and researchers to keep you informed about local, national and international opportunities in surgery.
This year we are looking forward to hosting a surgical skills symposium, continuing with our mentoring scheme, as well as holding a number of talks and other events. We aim to make surgical careers more accessible and less intimidating.